Walking with Confidence
August 29, 2018
August 29, 2018
Picture yourself, walking in the street in the middle of a crowd, walking into a meeting, a party, or approaching a woman. How do you look? What message do you communicate the moment you walk into a room? What is your body saying? What can people read about you before you ever say a word? Have you thought about it?
Walk into a room as if you own it
Body language makes up 90% of our overall communication. So, if you want to be and appear more confident it is important to always work on improving your body language. Your walk is one of the biggest things you can work on.
The more you walk confidently, the more you will you will truly feel confident. If you want to work on your walk and increase your confidence, below are some simple strategies that you can use:
- Keep your chin up and your eyes forward. Don’t fidget as it is a sign of nervousness.
- Stand up straight with your shoulders back.
- Take wide steps, you will seem purposeful and relaxed.
- Shake hands firmly and confidently while looking at the person in the eyes, but don’t hold on too long.
- Smile because you have nothing to worry about.
- Avoid both hands in the pockets and don’t cross arms as it makes you seem vulnerable. Rather keep your arms loosely at your sides or open.
- Your arms should move as you move, directly in front of you. Your hands should be relaxed rather than tight-fisted. For a man, a confident walk is when his shoulders move. But don’t try to make them move. They should move as the source of your body moving.
- Move slowly. Confident men refuse to let circumstance dictate their speed and pace in life, for they are in control of the circumstances. The circumstances do not control them. This is what moving slowly conveys to other people subconsciously.
Your clothes matter, too. You should be wearing clothes exactly your size, not the one or two sizes too big like most guys are guilty of doing.
Always walk like you deserve to be right where you are
A man with a confident walk tells people many things. It tells people that he is secure and take good care of his mental and physical health. People tend to gravitate around those who appear or give the perception of being confident.
Confidence is being able to say ‘I got this’ without opening your mouth. Say it with your walk, with your smile, and with your entire being
Walking with confidence is also sexy. Having a confident sexy walk also contributes to a more successful life as it contributes to shifting your mindset from fixed to growth mindset.
Walking with confidence is a great way to create a great first impression or simply demonstrate your confidence to the world without saying a word. With a little practice, you can learn the tips to show confidence through body language so that you always appear confident.
Nora Paxton – Executive Life Coach for men