January 16, 2019
Introducing Seattle Gents Membership
We are excited to announce that we are launching Seattle Gents Membership today! If you’re an influencer who’s looking to step up his or her brand and find more opportunities to collaborate with brands and other influencers in the community, then becoming a member of our influencer program is perfect for you. Collaboration is key to building community and bringing authenticity to your audience.
As a member, you will get the chance to connect with local and global brands, work with other fashion influencers in the Seattle community, and find opportunities to create quality content for your audience. With this membership, we are providing you resources and opportunities to build your brand. This membership is for influencers who are looking to get involved with the community, create content, and develop business relationships.
Price: $15/Month, $40/Quarter or $160/year
To apply for the Seattle Gents Influencer Program, please submit the following information to this link:
- Email Address
- Subject: Membership
- Message: Instagram Handle
January 9, 2019
The Gentleman’s Prologue: Announcements for 2019
For 2019, we’ve decided to change things up and present The Gentleman’s Prologue in video format. In this video, we have a couple big announcements to share.
1) We are hosting an upcoming panel event on January 30th about how fashion and technology intersect. This is perfect for those who are involved in fashion tech or are a social media influencer looking to grow his or her following. Stay tuned for more details soon!
2) We are launching membership next week! If you are an individual who’s looking to step up your social media influence or even just get started, this will be a great way to connect with the community.
2019 is going to be huge, so be sure to sign up for our mailing list on our website to hear about news and upcoming events! Also, let up know if you prefer this format over our traditional podcast.
December 19, 2018
Seattle Gents Kicks Collection
No outfit is complete without the right shoe. And the thing is, shoes are so fundamental to an outfit as the clothes themselves, or any accessory whatsoever. It is through the right shoe that you can elevate a look to a whole other level, or tone it down so that it meets the situation and place you’re going to be in. A true gentleman knows that the best way to obtain excellent results out from every ensemble you try on is to pair it with the right shoe, and that’s why a few of the Seattle Gents have thrown their best advice forward in the following piece. This post, called the Seattle Gents Kicks Collection, is a detailed view into 5 different looks complimented by 5 different pairs of shoes. Let’s take a look and see how each one of these shoes reflect the style and personality of the person wearing them, as we learn about an incredible part of the city of Seattle.
This time, the Gents and I gathered for a very casual street meetup in one of Seattle’s most iconic neighborhoods: Capitol Hill. You can see how we have multiple styles represented in these photographs, from sporty casual, to dapper, to urban streetstyle. Each one of us chose a style and tone that represented who we are as style bloggers and fashion lovers. Capitol Hill has a huge history in the city of Seattle. There are both new and old buildings, pharmacies that used to be movie theaters, clean brick walls, and industrial storage spaces. It has evolved with the city too, since now it’s Seattle’s biggest nightlife district and also hosts delicious restaurants from all over the world. It is a multicultural and worldly neighborhood, and we wanted to represent that through our looks.
Antonio Smith (@antoniocdsmith)
“My white kicks represents a clean universal aesthetic. I wear them to keep a subtle effortless look.”
Ryan Walker (@walkoflife503)
“As a Portland native sneaker culture is in my blood. Now that I am suited up most days of the week, I jump on the opportunity to rock a good sneaker. On the weekends I love to dress down a look with a good pair of Nike’s. One of my go-to’s are the Air VaporMax SE Laceless. These sneakers are subtle mix of a slip-on loafer, fly knit trainer and VaporMax. The unique look of this shoe always turns head. Whenever I slip these on, I am ready to take on my busy schedule.”
Avi Soor (@suitedsoor)
“The style I focus on is the professional, dapper look. My shoes represent a classic style of #TheModernGentleman, including intricate details and handcrafted form for a monk shoe.”
Hector Diaz (@hector_diaz_mtz)
“Style-wise I can go anywhere from streetstyle to dapper. That’s why these pair of Adidas sneakers can never be a bad choice. Whether it’s with chinos and a blazer, or some utility pants and jacket, these black classics will make you look sharp while also being extremely comfortable.”
Alex Hooi (@thealexlad)
“My style often tends to the classic and conservative side, but I like including in a detail here or there to add some interest. I love these Goodwin Smith’s (@goodwinsmithuk) because they offer a classic shoe with a twist: the triple monkstrap is unusual in and of itself, but the arrangement of the buckles adds even more flair, and it’s all finished in this wonderful shade of blue that is both understated but striking.”
We hope that these quotes and advice from the very best can help you choose next time you’re looking for a pair of shoes to suit your outfit’s needs. As you can see, variety is key to being able to address any situation, and in the end it all depends on how you put everything together to not only make the shoe shine, but your whole look. Looking forward to hearing from you in the comments what’s your favorite shoe, and hopefully we’ll have another post next season so you can see what works best for spring-summer. For now, I’ll leave you, just remember to let your shoe do the talk. Till next time!
December 12, 2018
Our Nordstrom looks
This holiday season, we collaborated with Nordstrom to bring to you a few looks for winter from Seattle influencers. We put together several outfits for different occasions such as holiday party, travel, business casual, and more. If you’re looking for some outfit inspiration during this time of holiday shopping, check out all the looks on the Nordstrom website! We’ve included a few highlighted looks below:
- “Hot & Cold” by Richard Meharry: Just because the weather is cold, it doesn’t mean you can’t look good and stay warm.
- “Cascadian Bundle” by Hector Diaz: This ready-to-go look will make you feel cozy, bundled-up, and prepared for any weather circumstance in the Pacific Northwest.
- “Style at 5,000 Feet” by Antonio Smith: There are a ton of elements for travel fashion, but let’s focus on airport fashion. What is airport fashion, you ask? Three words for you: comfortable, stylish, & layers. Be prepared for whatever the situation brings.
- “The Modern Man” by Avi Soor: Nowadays, there’s no need to be insanely formal like it was back in the day. Whether you’re in a client meeting or external meeting, this is the go-to look at work.
- “Night Owl” by Endurance Weke: Be smart when going out with friends. Drape that long cardigan like a super hero, but one thing to remember is that you can’t save everyone.
December 5, 2018
Holiday Giveaway Package
As the holidays approach, we wanted to show you our appreciation for all of your support by announcing a gift giveaway contest! One lucky contestant will have the chance to win a variety of different prizes, including the following:
• $100 gift card to Henry’s Tavern in South Lake Union
• Items by Bulletproof, including a bag of coffee beans, brain octane oil, and more ($250+ value)
• One pair of socks and one lapel pin by Wolf Clothing Co.
• Sandalwood Essential Oil Shaving Cream (1.5 fl. oz.) by The Art of Shaving
Here are the terms:
• Like the Seattle Gents Facebook page
• Like the Henry’s SLU Facebook page
• Mention “I want to win the Seattle Gents holiday package” in the comment box on our Facebook post
• Bonus Entry: Tag a friend on Facebook!
Contest ends on Friday, December 14th at 11:59 pm. Winner will be announced on Saturday, December 15th on Facebook. Good luck!
To enter follow the terms here: https://bit.ly/2E5ehr4
November 21, 2018
A Style of Your Own
A wise man once said, “Look good, feel good, do good!” It’s always stuck in the context of how we build our confidence in ourselves.
Have you ever wished you felt more confident in the way you dressed? We’re going to help you look good! Whether it’s for a job interview, a first date, your holiday party, or anything else, we want you to feel good in those shoes of yours. Well, we are excited to partner with Foundation and offer a men’s fashion workshop A Style of Your Own on Thursday, November 29th from 6 to 8 pm.
In this fun, interactive evening of looking fly, we will not only help you understand different styles and options available (hint: you will be helping decide how some of the Seattle Gents strut their stuff) but we will help you express your own personality – defining your own unique style.
Come join us, hangout and learn, and have a great time connecting with new people at this workshop. As with all events, come with friends or by yourself, we’ll make sure you leave feeling more connected to community in Seattle. Light snacks and drinks will be provided. Shoutout to Seattle Cider Company for throwing in some seltzer, cider, beer, and swag for the event! We’d like to thank Industrious Seattle for hosting us, and our media partner, The Evergrey, for being an amazing resource in making Seattle a stronger community.
November 13, 2018
Seattle Gents 2-Year Anniversary Recap
All photos taken by Debra Hart
Our 2-year anniversary event was a success! Last week we had so much fun celebrating with fellow menswear enthusiasts at Hotel Theodore. During the event, keynote speaker Andrew Hoge talked about what it means to be #TheModernMan and sketch artist Dominic Gomez drew to perfection, all while listening to music from DJ Mixxtress.
What we loved about the event was an environment for guests to learn about sponsored brands that they weren’t familiar with before. For example, Timbuk2 is a lifestyle brand that offers messenger bags for bicycle enthusiasts. The brand has evolved into a company that creates such a versatile style of bags for essentially anyone, whether you love bikes or not. Guests were able to hang out with the Timbuk2 team at the event and enter into a raffle drawing for an awesome laptop briefcase! Other sponsors for our event included Brooks Brothers, Banana Republic, Molly Moon, Ollie Quinn, and H. Bailey.
We are looking forward to growing the fashion community here in Seattle even more and to continue providing opportunities for lifestyle brands and fashion influencers. Stay tuned as we have more exciting things on the way!
October 31, 2018
Seattle Gents x Urbanity Collaboration
A lot of people think that dressing up means being professional and dapper. Well, for Seattle Gents, dressing up means elevating your appearance in any style that represents you. We collaborated with Urbanity to give you some cool streetwear content. Which one is your favorite look?
October 24, 2018
Influencer 101 Podcast
October 17, 2018
We think undershirts are absolutely necessary in most cases (but not always). Well, we partnered with NVSBL to let you know a few things about wearing undershirts:
- If you sweat a lot, then you’re going to want to protect your shirt. Oftentimes, you can get a lot of pit stains on your shirts that do not look good (especially if you’re wearing a plain white shirt!). Consider performance undergarments that help with soaking up the sweat, avoiding stains, and keeping the moisture away from your body.
- Wear deep-cut V-neck undershirts! We see so many men at the office who wear undershirts that peak above their top button of their dress shirts. THIS DOES NOT LOOK GOOD! Please get V-necks, men!
- Don’t wear white undershirts. Undershirts should match the color of your skin because a lot of times, you can see the outline on top of your shirt if you wear white. Skin-colored undershirts are less visible than plain white undershirts, especially around your biceps and collar. For a versatile set of skin-colored undershirts that are both V-neck and performance, check out NVSBL!
The few situations where you wouldn’t necessarily need to wear an undershirt would be when it starts getting chilly and you’re wearing a shirt for a short period of time. You’re not always going to be in a setting where you sweat, even if you sweat easily. It’s good to save your undershirts because they can only last a certain amount of washes (depending on the quality)!