December 12, 2018
Our Nordstrom looks
This holiday season, we collaborated with Nordstrom to bring to you a few looks for winter from Seattle influencers. We put together several outfits for different occasions such as holiday party, travel, business casual, and more. If you’re looking for some outfit inspiration during this time of holiday shopping, check out all the looks on the Nordstrom website! We’ve included a few highlighted looks below:
- “Hot & Cold” by Richard Meharry: Just because the weather is cold, it doesn’t mean you can’t look good and stay warm.
- “Cascadian Bundle” by Hector Diaz: This ready-to-go look will make you feel cozy, bundled-up, and prepared for any weather circumstance in the Pacific Northwest.
- “Style at 5,000 Feet” by Antonio Smith: There are a ton of elements for travel fashion, but let’s focus on airport fashion. What is airport fashion, you ask? Three words for you: comfortable, stylish, & layers. Be prepared for whatever the situation brings.
- “The Modern Man” by Avi Soor: Nowadays, there’s no need to be insanely formal like it was back in the day. Whether you’re in a client meeting or external meeting, this is the go-to look at work.
- “Night Owl” by Endurance Weke: Be smart when going out with friends. Drape that long cardigan like a super hero, but one thing to remember is that you can’t save everyone.
December 5, 2018
Holiday Giveaway Package
As the holidays approach, we wanted to show you our appreciation for all of your support by announcing a gift giveaway contest! One lucky contestant will have the chance to win a variety of different prizes, including the following:
• $100 gift card to Henry’s Tavern in South Lake Union
• Items by Bulletproof, including a bag of coffee beans, brain octane oil, and more ($250+ value)
• One pair of socks and one lapel pin by Wolf Clothing Co.
• Sandalwood Essential Oil Shaving Cream (1.5 fl. oz.) by The Art of Shaving
Here are the terms:
• Like the Seattle Gents Facebook page
• Like the Henry’s SLU Facebook page
• Mention “I want to win the Seattle Gents holiday package” in the comment box on our Facebook post
• Bonus Entry: Tag a friend on Facebook!
Contest ends on Friday, December 14th at 11:59 pm. Winner will be announced on Saturday, December 15th on Facebook. Good luck!
To enter follow the terms here: https://bit.ly/2E5ehr4
November 21, 2018
A Style of Your Own
A wise man once said, “Look good, feel good, do good!” It’s always stuck in the context of how we build our confidence in ourselves.
Have you ever wished you felt more confident in the way you dressed? We’re going to help you look good! Whether it’s for a job interview, a first date, your holiday party, or anything else, we want you to feel good in those shoes of yours. Well, we are excited to partner with Foundation and offer a men’s fashion workshop A Style of Your Own on Thursday, November 29th from 6 to 8 pm.
In this fun, interactive evening of looking fly, we will not only help you understand different styles and options available (hint: you will be helping decide how some of the Seattle Gents strut their stuff) but we will help you express your own personality – defining your own unique style.
Come join us, hangout and learn, and have a great time connecting with new people at this workshop. As with all events, come with friends or by yourself, we’ll make sure you leave feeling more connected to community in Seattle. Light snacks and drinks will be provided. Shoutout to Seattle Cider Company for throwing in some seltzer, cider, beer, and swag for the event! We’d like to thank Industrious Seattle for hosting us, and our media partner, The Evergrey, for being an amazing resource in making Seattle a stronger community.
November 13, 2018
Seattle Gents 2-Year Anniversary Recap
All photos taken by Debra Hart
Our 2-year anniversary event was a success! Last week we had so much fun celebrating with fellow menswear enthusiasts at Hotel Theodore. During the event, keynote speaker Andrew Hoge talked about what it means to be #TheModernMan and sketch artist Dominic Gomez drew to perfection, all while listening to music from DJ Mixxtress.
What we loved about the event was an environment for guests to learn about sponsored brands that they weren’t familiar with before. For example, Timbuk2 is a lifestyle brand that offers messenger bags for bicycle enthusiasts. The brand has evolved into a company that creates such a versatile style of bags for essentially anyone, whether you love bikes or not. Guests were able to hang out with the Timbuk2 team at the event and enter into a raffle drawing for an awesome laptop briefcase! Other sponsors for our event included Brooks Brothers, Banana Republic, Molly Moon, Ollie Quinn, and H. Bailey.
We are looking forward to growing the fashion community here in Seattle even more and to continue providing opportunities for lifestyle brands and fashion influencers. Stay tuned as we have more exciting things on the way!
October 31, 2018
Seattle Gents x Urbanity Collaboration
A lot of people think that dressing up means being professional and dapper. Well, for Seattle Gents, dressing up means elevating your appearance in any style that represents you. We collaborated with Urbanity to give you some cool streetwear content. Which one is your favorite look?
October 24, 2018
Influencer 101 Podcast
October 17, 2018
We think undershirts are absolutely necessary in most cases (but not always). Well, we partnered with NVSBL to let you know a few things about wearing undershirts:
- If you sweat a lot, then you’re going to want to protect your shirt. Oftentimes, you can get a lot of pit stains on your shirts that do not look good (especially if you’re wearing a plain white shirt!). Consider performance undergarments that help with soaking up the sweat, avoiding stains, and keeping the moisture away from your body.
- Wear deep-cut V-neck undershirts! We see so many men at the office who wear undershirts that peak above their top button of their dress shirts. THIS DOES NOT LOOK GOOD! Please get V-necks, men!
- Don’t wear white undershirts. Undershirts should match the color of your skin because a lot of times, you can see the outline on top of your shirt if you wear white. Skin-colored undershirts are less visible than plain white undershirts, especially around your biceps and collar. For a versatile set of skin-colored undershirts that are both V-neck and performance, check out NVSBL!
The few situations where you wouldn’t necessarily need to wear an undershirt would be when it starts getting chilly and you’re wearing a shirt for a short period of time. You’re not always going to be in a setting where you sweat, even if you sweat easily. It’s good to save your undershirts because they can only last a certain amount of washes (depending on the quality)!
October 10, 2018
The Modern Man: A Two-Year Anniversary Celebration
Come celebrate with the Seattle Gents during their Two-Year Celebration event located at the luxurious Hotel Theodore! Enjoy an evening of food, drinks, and networking with local style influencers. We’ll have music from DJ Mixxtress, food and drink catered by Rider Seattle, a fantastic sketch artist, and booths from some of your favorite brands.
You won’t want to miss an opportunity for the following:
• Win prizes from amazing brand sponsors
• Get a personal sketch from local artist Dominic Gomez
• Take photography with members of your community in the ultimate social media setting
• Listen to a special keynote speaker *announced in the coming weeks*
Special thanks to our sponsors!
Food & Dessert Sponsors
What is the Modern Man?
The Modern Man is confident. The Modern Man has knowledge in areas of dining, travel, hospitality and fashion. Whether he aims to be influential to his peers or is looking to find that inspiration, the Modern Man is characterized by the desire to pursue his goals.
October 4, 2018
If you are an individual who is active on social media and have an interest in becoming an influencer, then Influencer 101 is perfect for you! Seattle Gents will be hosting an interactive workshop for those of you who are looking to step up your social media influence. The workshop will be led by Seattle-based influencers Nelson Yong and Endurance Weke from The Curator of Cool.
Whether your passion is fashion, lifestyle, dining, travel, or hospitality, Nelson and Endurance will help you navigate through topics such as:
- How to get started and stay relevant on social media
- Identifying your brand and your message
- How to reach out to brands
- Understanding what requirements are expected from brands
- Content creation tips
and many more!
There will be complimentary light bites and drinks for purchase. You won’t want to miss an opportunity to learn from Seattle’s top men’s social media collective.
6:30-7:00 pm: Check-in / networking
7:00-7:45 pm: Workshop
7:45-8:00 pm: Q+A
8:00-8:30 pm: Post-workshop networking + mingling
September 26, 2018
Fall Fashion event featuring J.Crew, Antonio Smith And Hector Diaz: #MeetMyCrew
You’re invited to a Fall fashion event featuring J.Crew, Antonio Smith And Hector Diaz called #MeetMyCrew! This event is free for all who are a fan of Fall fashion. Come check out some of J.Crew’s new fashion styles while learning a bit more about Antonio Smith and Hector Diaz.
This will be a great opportunity to mix, mingle, and enjoy refreshments while you receive discounts after a purchase of $125 or more. We hope to see you there! Details below.