News & Updates
October 2, 2019
Dining & Style: A 3-Year Anniversary Celebration
We are excited to announce our 3-Year Anniversary Banquet!
Our celebration will be held at the University District’s exquisitely restored Art Deco hotel, the Graduate Seattle, on Thursday, November 14th. Come together over dinner with the other VIP ticket holders and dress up if you enjoy excellent food and unexpected prizes as we celebrate 3 incredible years of Seattle Gents! You won’t want to miss an opportunity for the following:
- Win raffle prizes from amazing brand sponsors
- Take photographs with members of your community in the ultimate social media setting
- Discounts from local vendors
- Cash bar will be available to purchase drinks
There will be two ticket options:
- General Admission tickets include heavy appetizers, photo booth to take pictures, chance to enter raffle, and access to vendors. General Admission starts at 7:30 pm after dinner is served for VIP ticket holders.
- VIP Plated Dinner tickets include dinner with the Seattle Gents, VIP exclusive raffles, special performance, and more. Dinner will be served from 6 pm to 7:30 pm.
June 25, 2019
On June 19th, we hosted a very special Whiskey Wednesday to celebrate Dapper as **** with the Young Professionals of Seattle (YPOS).
Dapper as * * * * was launched by YPOS back in 2014 with intentions to provide the growing young professional community with a unique event experience, promoting fashion and networking while celebrating the close of a beautiful Seattle Summer. For the second year in a row, we have partnered up with YPOS to enhance the event experience and help bridge the gap between local fashion, social media influencers and young professionals.
Whiskey Wednesday Special was an opening party for Dapper as ****, which will be held on August 17th. Our guests enjoyed getting together and meeting new people while sipping on delicious beverages at the historic Hotel Sorrento. Some of the highlights of the event included the following:
- Preview of what Dapper as **** is
- Inside look of who our brand sponsors are (Indochino, Wolf Clothing, and Timbuk2)
- Raffle giveaway to win a bag from Timbuk2 and sneakers from ROOY
- Contest to win a styling session with some of our influencers (clothes provided by our non-profit sponsor Goodwill)
- Swag from Wolf Clothing
Check out the full photo gallery on our Facebook page!
Next Event for the Dapper Series
Our next event leading up to Dapper as **** will be our stylist panel in early August. Stay tuned as we provide more details in the weeks to come.
Free Service at Kiehl’s
Co-founder Antonio Smith went with his dad on Father’s Day to get facial treatment from Kiehl’s! Check out the video below to see how it went.
Mention SEATTLEGENTS by the end of July for a free Kiehl’s Pampering Treatment that revitalizes eyes, face, neck, hands with an indulgent relaxing service.
Location: Neiman Marcus at The Bravern in Bellevue
May 21, 2019
Last week, we had an incredible experience getting our community together for the launch of the new Rodd & Gunn store at Bellevue Square! Rodd & Gunn is a New Zealand lifestyle brand that offers a range of men’s apparel, from casual to formal wear. We had such a fun time getting to know new faces in our community, the Rodd & Gunn staff, and sipping amazing wine that they brought all the way from New Zealand.
The best part of the event was the style session that a few of the Seattle Gents influencers led! The influencers picked a couple guests, went through the store to select an outfit they think would best suit the guest, and had them try it on. The influencers then presented the outfit that the guest wore and explained why they styled him that way. To wrap up the event, we drew raffle tickets for 2 guests to win a $500 gift card to the store. The evening was a fun celebration of the new store and we’re happy that guests walked away knowing more about the brand!
About Rodd & Gunn
Rodd & Gunn is a New Zealand-based menswear brand that offers a wide range of clothing and accessories. The brand’s clothing is focused on the casual part of its customer’s lifestyle, and meeting his aspiration for relaxed comfort whether it be the working week or weekend. Rodd & Gunn’s philosophy is to create clothes that draw the best from nature.
Photography by Sarah Wolfe
March 19, 2019
We recently hosted an event with J. Hilburn & Weldon Barber in Bellevue, WA. It was an incredible environment for those who were looking to learn more about stepping up their style and network with other like-minded individuals.
If you missed the event, here were some of the event highlights:
- J. Hilburn talked about the importance of fit, why details matter, and understanding your own personal brand. Shannon also went through a custom shirt selection to see how many design details there truly are and how one’s individual brand can be expressed just through a shirt.
- Weldon Barber talked about current grooming trends and how Weldon adapts to them. They hosted a raffle drawing for two guests to each win a $50 gift card and product of their choice.
- J. Hilburn & Weldon provided small gifts for guests as well as complimentary food, beverages, and neck shaves!
If you are interested in exploring J. Hilburn products, Shannon Bennett from the Bellevue showroom is personally offering $10 off of your purchase if you mention Seattle Gents within the next 3 months!
Photos by Empower Photographer
January 23, 2019
2019 Fashion Tech Trends
On January 30th, Seattle Gents is hosting a panel discussion about how fashion and technology intersect. The fashion retail and e-commerce markets have transformed as technology has advanced over the years. As a result, brands and influencers must think about how they can speak to consumers, especially as the tech industry continues to grow. Here are some fashion tech trends we think will be relevant in 2019.
Brands focusing on affiliate marketing for influencers (which means more SALES)
As influencer marketing on social media has been on a significant rise over the past few years, brands are now getting smarter with how they want to work with influencers. It’s time to be more realistic and authentic with your content by going beyond just “spreading awareness.” We must think about how we can help brands with SALES, which is getting harder now because of the flood of ads.
Subscription-based revenue model
More and more retail brands are playing on e-commerce as consumers turn to online shopping. One way to incentivize consumers is to provide a recurring payment model. This is a trend that we think is going to continue heavily in 2019.
Voice search for purchase
As consumers are looking for more convenient ways to purchase, voice makes it quicker. Devices like Alexa and Google Home have collected data and made it easier for consumers to buy online simply by talking to them.
Brands and influencers are going to have to think about how to incorporate sustainable fashion in their content. People enjoy the idea that they are “saving the planet” by simply recycling items. Sustainability is connected with a global initiative for the environment and fashion & apparel is certainly in the discussion.
You won't want to miss our discussion about how fashion and tech intersect! The panel event is perfect for those who are involved in fashion tech or are a social media influencer looking to grow his or her following.
When: Wednesday, January 30th from 6 to 8 PM
Where: ATLAS Workbase in Seattle (South Lake Union)
Moderator: Nick Hughes (Founders Live)
- Cynthia Houlton (Armoire Style)
- Elizabeth Geri (Digital Innovation Advisor)
- Shanya Tsai (HangRr App)