News & Updates
August 29, 2018
Picture yourself, walking in the street in the middle of a crowd, walking into a meeting, a party, or approaching a woman. How do you look? What message do you communicate the moment you walk into a room? What is your body saying? What can people read about you before you ever say a word? Have you thought about it?
Walk into a room as if you own it
Body language makes up 90% of our overall communication. So, if you want to be and appear more confident it is important to always work on improving your body language. Your walk is one of the biggest things you can work on.
The more you walk confidently, the more you will you will truly feel confident. If you want to work on your walk and increase your confidence, below are some simple strategies that you can use:
- Keep your chin up and your eyes forward. Don’t fidget as it is a sign of nervousness.
- Stand up straight with your shoulders back.
- Take wide steps, you will seem purposeful and relaxed.
- Shake hands firmly and confidently while looking at the person in the eyes, but don’t hold on too long.
- Smile because you have nothing to worry about.
- Avoid both hands in the pockets and don’t cross arms as it makes you seem vulnerable. Rather keep your arms loosely at your sides or open.
- Your arms should move as you move, directly in front of you. Your hands should be relaxed rather than tight-fisted. For a man, a confident walk is when his shoulders move. But don’t try to make them move. They should move as the source of your body moving.
- Move slowly. Confident men refuse to let circumstance dictate their speed and pace in life, for they are in control of the circumstances. The circumstances do not control them. This is what moving slowly conveys to other people subconsciously.
Your clothes matter, too. You should be wearing clothes exactly your size, not the one or two sizes too big like most guys are guilty of doing.
Always walk like you deserve to be right where you are
A man with a confident walk tells people many things. It tells people that he is secure and take good care of his mental and physical health. People tend to gravitate around those who appear or give the perception of being confident.
Confidence is being able to say ‘I got this’ without opening your mouth. Say it with your walk, with your smile, and with your entire being
Walking with confidence is also sexy. Having a confident sexy walk also contributes to a more successful life as it contributes to shifting your mindset from fixed to growth mindset.
Walking with confidence is a great way to create a great first impression or simply demonstrate your confidence to the world without saying a word. With a little practice, you can learn the tips to show confidence through body language so that you always appear confident.
Nora Paxton – Executive Life Coach for men
July 10, 2018
How are you taking care of yourself?
“Self-care is never a selfish act. It is only good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer others.” – Parker J. Palmer.
There is nothing manlier than being independent in your ability to care for yourself, not just physically but emotionally. Confident men engage in self-care. They want to continuously improve their physical and mental appearance. That it is investing time and resources in grooming products that are designed to emphasize your strengths, as well as physical and mental activities. Focusing on self-care creates positive change and maintain wellness.
Manhood today is defined in terms of work, productivity and “get” mentality. Instead why don’t men simply embrace other parts of themselves that make them who they are and most importantly make them happy?
Here are four ways the modern man can practice self-care:
- Make time for yourself. Making time for yourself is not an act of selfishness. it is a priority as it is necessary to being at your best. If you are at your best everything around you is positively impacted. By the way, it does not mean that you have to devote most of your day to a physical activity. It could be as simple as listening to your favorite album on your daily commute or dedicate few hours to the gym every week or getting a haircut and a massage.
- Embrace your physical and mental health. Staying on top of your mental as well as physical health can be nothing but beneficial in the long run. So make sure to get enough good night’s sleep. Have your yearly check-up proactively scheduled. Eat healthy and have a good hygiene practice.
- Engage with the people that you care about and that respect and love you. Studies have shown that maintaining meaningful relationships positively influence mental health. When it comes to romantic relationships, spending time to maintain and develop your relationship, increases both the energy of the relationship, as well as your well-being, mood, and productivity.
- Find what give you energy and ignite passion in your life. Is doing outdoor activities what get you going? Or simply enjoying reading a good book? Making time to engage in these activities, whatever they may be, is important to build into your schedule. Knowing what brings you joy and being proactive about it has been shown to increase well-being.
Make sure to pay attention to the little signs like a short temper or exhaustion, as it can help identify when it may be time for either a mental health day, or for a half hour or so to yourself, doing something that you know helps you “reset.”
Bottom line, Self-care isn’t just an activity you can build into your daily life. It’s a mindset that you should embody, involving putting yourself first, and checking in with yourself regularly to help put your best foot forward in everything you do. Remember, taking care of yourself creates the ground from which you impact your whole world. It is the most important thing you can focus on. Renewing yourself will help you perform better at work, improve your confidence and your life experience.
What are you waiting for?
Nora Paxton – Executive Life Coach for men