October 17, 2018
We think undershirts are absolutely necessary in most cases (but not always). Well, we partnered with NVSBL to let you know a few things about wearing undershirts:
- If you sweat a lot, then you’re going to want to protect your shirt. Oftentimes, you can get a lot of pit stains on your shirts that do not look good (especially if you’re wearing a plain white shirt!). Consider performance undergarments that help with soaking up the sweat, avoiding stains, and keeping the moisture away from your body.
- Wear deep-cut V-neck undershirts! We see so many men at the office who wear undershirts that peak above their top button of their dress shirts. THIS DOES NOT LOOK GOOD! Please get V-necks, men!
- Don’t wear white undershirts. Undershirts should match the color of your skin because a lot of times, you can see the outline on top of your shirt if you wear white. Skin-colored undershirts are less visible than plain white undershirts, especially around your biceps and collar. For a versatile set of skin-colored undershirts that are both V-neck and performance, check out NVSBL!
The few situations where you wouldn’t necessarily need to wear an undershirt would be when it starts getting chilly and you’re wearing a shirt for a short period of time. You’re not always going to be in a setting where you sweat, even if you sweat easily. It’s good to save your undershirts because they can only last a certain amount of washes (depending on the quality)!
October 10, 2018
The Modern Man: A Two-Year Anniversary Celebration
Come celebrate with the Seattle Gents during their Two-Year Celebration event located at the luxurious Hotel Theodore! Enjoy an evening of food, drinks, and networking with local style influencers. We’ll have music from DJ Mixxtress, food and drink catered by Rider Seattle, a fantastic sketch artist, and booths from some of your favorite brands.
You won’t want to miss an opportunity for the following:
• Win prizes from amazing brand sponsors
• Get a personal sketch from local artist Dominic Gomez
• Take photography with members of your community in the ultimate social media setting
• Listen to a special keynote speaker *announced in the coming weeks*
Special thanks to our sponsors!
Food & Dessert Sponsors
What is the Modern Man?
The Modern Man is confident. The Modern Man has knowledge in areas of dining, travel, hospitality and fashion. Whether he aims to be influential to his peers or is looking to find that inspiration, the Modern Man is characterized by the desire to pursue his goals.
October 4, 2018
If you are an individual who is active on social media and have an interest in becoming an influencer, then Influencer 101 is perfect for you! Seattle Gents will be hosting an interactive workshop for those of you who are looking to step up your social media influence. The workshop will be led by Seattle-based influencers Nelson Yong and Endurance Weke from The Curator of Cool.
Whether your passion is fashion, lifestyle, dining, travel, or hospitality, Nelson and Endurance will help you navigate through topics such as:
- How to get started and stay relevant on social media
- Identifying your brand and your message
- How to reach out to brands
- Understanding what requirements are expected from brands
- Content creation tips
and many more!
There will be complimentary light bites and drinks for purchase. You won’t want to miss an opportunity to learn from Seattle’s top men’s social media collective.
6:30-7:00 pm: Check-in / networking
7:00-7:45 pm: Workshop
7:45-8:00 pm: Q+A
8:00-8:30 pm: Post-workshop networking + mingling
September 26, 2018
Fall Fashion event featuring J.Crew, Antonio Smith And Hector Diaz: #MeetMyCrew
You’re invited to a Fall fashion event featuring J.Crew, Antonio Smith And Hector Diaz called #MeetMyCrew! This event is free for all who are a fan of Fall fashion. Come check out some of J.Crew’s new fashion styles while learning a bit more about Antonio Smith and Hector Diaz.
This will be a great opportunity to mix, mingle, and enjoy refreshments while you receive discounts after a purchase of $125 or more. We hope to see you there! Details below.