March 19, 2019
We recently hosted an event with J. Hilburn & Weldon Barber in Bellevue, WA. It was an incredible environment for those who were looking to learn more about stepping up their style and network with other like-minded individuals.
If you missed the event, here were some of the event highlights:
- J. Hilburn talked about the importance of fit, why details matter, and understanding your own personal brand. Shannon also went through a custom shirt selection to see how many design details there truly are and how one’s individual brand can be expressed just through a shirt.
- Weldon Barber talked about current grooming trends and how Weldon adapts to them. They hosted a raffle drawing for two guests to each win a $50 gift card and product of their choice.
- J. Hilburn & Weldon provided small gifts for guests as well as complimentary food, beverages, and neck shaves!
If you are interested in exploring J. Hilburn products, Shannon Bennett from the Bellevue showroom is personally offering $10 off of your purchase if you mention Seattle Gents within the next 3 months!
Photos by Empower Photographer
February 20, 2019
The Gentleman’s Prologue: New Sponsor, New Event
In this video, we have two special announcements! First, we have a new podcast sponsorship with Atlas Workbase. Second, our next event will be on March 6th from 6 to 8 pm at J.Hilburn in Bellevue!
If you’re a menswear enthusiast, you’re going to enjoy our discussion as we talk about the importance of fit, why details matter, and understanding your own personal brand. Please join us in an evening of men’s fashion and grooming with J. Hilburn and Weldon Barber!
- Go through a custom shirt selection to see how many design details there truly are and how one’s individual brand can be expressed just through a shirt
- Raffle to win a Signature Straight Razor Face Shave or a Signature Haircut from Weldon
- Complimentary food and beverages
If you’re an influencer, networker, or even a fan of the brands, you’re going to love this event. Spread the word and we’ll see you there!
RSVP to this free event
Style & Grooming with J. Hilburn & Weldon BarberRegister here
February 13, 2019
Conversations about Networking featuring Ahmad Corner of YPOS
Ahmad is founder of Young Professionals of Seattle (“YPOS”), an organization for professionals in Seattle to come together and network. We’ve collaborated with Ahmad and YPOS before, such as co-hosting last year’s Dapper as F*** event and hosting a panel event with Seattle Art Fair.
He talks about how he started YPOS with the intention of networking and helping brands grow. YPOS creates experiences for transplants and natives to get to know each other, meet people, and find job opportunities through events, workshops, and community involvement.
Networking is key to developing personal and social skills. You know what they say – it’s all about “who you know.” Listen to Ahmad talk about some of the do’s and don’ts of networking, why people go to networking events, how to prepare for networking events, and other tips.
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, & Facebook at @SeattleGents!
January 23, 2019 • Sticky Post
2019 Fashion Tech Trends
On January 30th, Seattle Gents is hosting a panel discussion about how fashion and technology intersect. The fashion retail and e-commerce markets have transformed as technology has advanced over the years. As a result, brands and influencers must think about how they can speak to consumers, especially as the tech industry continues to grow. Here are some fashion tech trends we think will be relevant in 2019.
Brands focusing on affiliate marketing for influencers (which means more SALES)
As influencer marketing on social media has been on a significant rise over the past few years, brands are now getting smarter with how they want to work with influencers. It’s time to be more realistic and authentic with your content by going beyond just “spreading awareness.” We must think about how we can help brands with SALES, which is getting harder now because of the flood of ads.
Subscription-based revenue model
More and more retail brands are playing on e-commerce as consumers turn to online shopping. One way to incentivize consumers is to provide a recurring payment model. This is a trend that we think is going to continue heavily in 2019.
Voice search for purchase
As consumers are looking for more convenient ways to purchase, voice makes it quicker. Devices like Alexa and Google Home have collected data and made it easier for consumers to buy online simply by talking to them.
Brands and influencers are going to have to think about how to incorporate sustainable fashion in their content. People enjoy the idea that they are “saving the planet” by simply recycling items. Sustainability is connected with a global initiative for the environment and fashion & apparel is certainly in the discussion.
You won’t want to miss our discussion about how fashion and tech intersect! The panel event is perfect for those who are involved in fashion tech or are a social media influencer looking to grow his or her following.
When: Wednesday, January 30th from 6 to 8 PM
Where: ATLAS Workbase in Seattle (South Lake Union)
Moderator: Nick Hughes (Founders Live)
- Cynthia Houlton (Armoire Style)
- Elizabeth Geri (Digital Innovation Advisor)
- Shanya Tsai (HangRr App)
January 9, 2019
The Gentleman’s Prologue: Announcements for 2019
For 2019, we’ve decided to change things up and present The Gentleman’s Prologue in video format. In this video, we have a couple big announcements to share.
1) We are hosting an upcoming panel event on January 30th about how fashion and technology intersect. This is perfect for those who are involved in fashion tech or are a social media influencer looking to grow his or her following. Stay tuned for more details soon!
2) We are launching membership next week! If you are an individual who’s looking to step up your social media influence or even just get started, this will be a great way to connect with the community.
2019 is going to be huge, so be sure to sign up for our mailing list on our website to hear about news and upcoming events! Also, let up know if you prefer this format over our traditional podcast.
December 5, 2018
Holiday Giveaway Package
As the holidays approach, we wanted to show you our appreciation for all of your support by announcing a gift giveaway contest! One lucky contestant will have the chance to win a variety of different prizes, including the following:
• $100 gift card to Henry’s Tavern in South Lake Union
• Items by Bulletproof, including a bag of coffee beans, brain octane oil, and more ($250+ value)
• One pair of socks and one lapel pin by Wolf Clothing Co.
• Sandalwood Essential Oil Shaving Cream (1.5 fl. oz.) by The Art of Shaving
Here are the terms:
• Like the Seattle Gents Facebook page
• Like the Henry’s SLU Facebook page
• Mention “I want to win the Seattle Gents holiday package” in the comment box on our Facebook post
• Bonus Entry: Tag a friend on Facebook!
Contest ends on Friday, December 14th at 11:59 pm. Winner will be announced on Saturday, December 15th on Facebook. Good luck!
To enter follow the terms here: https://bit.ly/2E5ehr4
November 21, 2018
A Style of Your Own
A wise man once said, “Look good, feel good, do good!” It’s always stuck in the context of how we build our confidence in ourselves.
Have you ever wished you felt more confident in the way you dressed? We’re going to help you look good! Whether it’s for a job interview, a first date, your holiday party, or anything else, we want you to feel good in those shoes of yours. Well, we are excited to partner with Foundation and offer a men’s fashion workshop A Style of Your Own on Thursday, November 29th from 6 to 8 pm.
In this fun, interactive evening of looking fly, we will not only help you understand different styles and options available (hint: you will be helping decide how some of the Seattle Gents strut their stuff) but we will help you express your own personality – defining your own unique style.
Come join us, hangout and learn, and have a great time connecting with new people at this workshop. As with all events, come with friends or by yourself, we’ll make sure you leave feeling more connected to community in Seattle. Light snacks and drinks will be provided. Shoutout to Seattle Cider Company for throwing in some seltzer, cider, beer, and swag for the event! We’d like to thank Industrious Seattle for hosting us, and our media partner, The Evergrey, for being an amazing resource in making Seattle a stronger community.
October 10, 2018
The Modern Man: A Two-Year Anniversary Celebration
Come celebrate with the Seattle Gents during their Two-Year Celebration event located at the luxurious Hotel Theodore! Enjoy an evening of food, drinks, and networking with local style influencers. We’ll have music from DJ Mixxtress, food and drink catered by Rider Seattle, a fantastic sketch artist, and booths from some of your favorite brands.
You won’t want to miss an opportunity for the following:
• Win prizes from amazing brand sponsors
• Get a personal sketch from local artist Dominic Gomez
• Take photography with members of your community in the ultimate social media setting
• Listen to a special keynote speaker *announced in the coming weeks*
Special thanks to our sponsors!
Food & Dessert Sponsors
What is the Modern Man?
The Modern Man is confident. The Modern Man has knowledge in areas of dining, travel, hospitality and fashion. Whether he aims to be influential to his peers or is looking to find that inspiration, the Modern Man is characterized by the desire to pursue his goals.
October 4, 2018
If you are an individual who is active on social media and have an interest in becoming an influencer, then Influencer 101 is perfect for you! Seattle Gents will be hosting an interactive workshop for those of you who are looking to step up your social media influence. The workshop will be led by Seattle-based influencers Nelson Yong and Endurance Weke from The Curator of Cool.
Whether your passion is fashion, lifestyle, dining, travel, or hospitality, Nelson and Endurance will help you navigate through topics such as:
- How to get started and stay relevant on social media
- Identifying your brand and your message
- How to reach out to brands
- Understanding what requirements are expected from brands
- Content creation tips
and many more!
There will be complimentary light bites and drinks for purchase. You won’t want to miss an opportunity to learn from Seattle’s top men’s social media collective.
6:30-7:00 pm: Check-in / networking
7:00-7:45 pm: Workshop
7:45-8:00 pm: Q+A
8:00-8:30 pm: Post-workshop networking + mingling
September 26, 2018
Fall Fashion event featuring J.Crew, Antonio Smith And Hector Diaz: #MeetMyCrew
You’re invited to a Fall fashion event featuring J.Crew, Antonio Smith And Hector Diaz called #MeetMyCrew! This event is free for all who are a fan of Fall fashion. Come check out some of J.Crew’s new fashion styles while learning a bit more about Antonio Smith and Hector Diaz.
This will be a great opportunity to mix, mingle, and enjoy refreshments while you receive discounts after a purchase of $125 or more. We hope to see you there! Details below.