News & Updates
December 19, 2018
Seattle Gents Kicks Collection
No outfit is complete without the right shoe. And the thing is, shoes are so fundamental to an outfit as the clothes themselves, or any accessory whatsoever. It is through the right shoe that you can elevate a look to a whole other level, or tone it down so that it meets the situation and place you’re going to be in. A true gentleman knows that the best way to obtain excellent results out from every ensemble you try on is to pair it with the right shoe, and that’s why a few of the Seattle Gents have thrown their best advice forward in the following piece. This post, called the Seattle Gents Kicks Collection, is a detailed view into 5 different looks complimented by 5 different pairs of shoes. Let’s take a look and see how each one of these shoes reflect the style and personality of the person wearing them, as we learn about an incredible part of the city of Seattle.
This time, the Gents and I gathered for a very casual street meetup in one of Seattle’s most iconic neighborhoods: Capitol Hill. You can see how we have multiple styles represented in these photographs, from sporty casual, to dapper, to urban streetstyle. Each one of us chose a style and tone that represented who we are as style bloggers and fashion lovers. Capitol Hill has a huge history in the city of Seattle. There are both new and old buildings, pharmacies that used to be movie theaters, clean brick walls, and industrial storage spaces. It has evolved with the city too, since now it’s Seattle’s biggest nightlife district and also hosts delicious restaurants from all over the world. It is a multicultural and worldly neighborhood, and we wanted to represent that through our looks.
Antonio Smith (@antoniocdsmith)
“My white kicks represents a clean universal aesthetic. I wear them to keep a subtle effortless look.”
Ryan Walker (@walkoflife503)
“As a Portland native sneaker culture is in my blood. Now that I am suited up most days of the week, I jump on the opportunity to rock a good sneaker. On the weekends I love to dress down a look with a good pair of Nike’s. One of my go-to’s are the Air VaporMax SE Laceless. These sneakers are subtle mix of a slip-on loafer, fly knit trainer and VaporMax. The unique look of this shoe always turns head. Whenever I slip these on, I am ready to take on my busy schedule.”
Avi Soor (@suitedsoor)
“The style I focus on is the professional, dapper look. My shoes represent a classic style of #TheModernGentleman, including intricate details and handcrafted form for a monk shoe.”
Hector Diaz (@hector_diaz_mtz)
“Style-wise I can go anywhere from streetstyle to dapper. That’s why these pair of Adidas sneakers can never be a bad choice. Whether it’s with chinos and a blazer, or some utility pants and jacket, these black classics will make you look sharp while also being extremely comfortable.”
Alex Hooi (@thealexlad)
“My style often tends to the classic and conservative side, but I like including in a detail here or there to add some interest. I love these Goodwin Smith’s (@goodwinsmithuk) because they offer a classic shoe with a twist: the triple monkstrap is unusual in and of itself, but the arrangement of the buckles adds even more flair, and it’s all finished in this wonderful shade of blue that is both understated but striking.”
We hope that these quotes and advice from the very best can help you choose next time you’re looking for a pair of shoes to suit your outfit’s needs. As you can see, variety is key to being able to address any situation, and in the end it all depends on how you put everything together to not only make the shoe shine, but your whole look. Looking forward to hearing from you in the comments what’s your favorite shoe, and hopefully we’ll have another post next season so you can see what works best for spring-summer. For now, I’ll leave you, just remember to let your shoe do the talk. Till next time!
December 12, 2018
Our Nordstrom Looks
This holiday season, we collaborated with Nordstrom to bring to you a few looks for winter from Seattle influencers. We put together several outfits for different occasions such as holiday party, travel, business casual, and more. We’ve included a few highlighted looks below:
- “Hot & Cold” by Richard Meharry: Just because the weather is cold, it doesn’t mean you can’t look good and stay warm.
- “Cascadian Bundle” by Hector Diaz: This ready-to-go look will make you feel cozy, bundled-up, and prepared for any weather circumstance in the Pacific Northwest.
- “Style at 5,000 Feet” by Antonio Smith: There are a ton of elements for travel fashion, but let’s focus on airport fashion. What is airport fashion, you ask? Three words for you: comfortable, stylish, & layers. Be prepared for whatever the situation brings.
- “The Modern Man” by Avi Soor: Nowadays, there’s no need to be insanely formal like it was back in the day. Whether you’re in a client meeting or external meeting, this is the go-to look at work.
- “Night Owl” by Endurance Weke: Be smart when going out with friends. Drape that long cardigan like a super hero, but one thing to remember is that you can’t save everyone.
December 5, 2018
Holiday Giveaway Package
As the holidays approach, we wanted to show you our appreciation for all of your support by announcing a gift giveaway contest! One lucky contestant will have the chance to win a variety of different prizes, including the following:
• $100 gift card to Henry’s Tavern in South Lake Union
• Items by Bulletproof, including a bag of coffee beans, brain octane oil, and more ($250+ value)
• One pair of socks and one lapel pin by Wolf Clothing Co.
• Sandalwood Essential Oil Shaving Cream (1.5 fl. oz.) by The Art of Shaving
Here are the terms:
• Like the Seattle Gents Facebook page
• Like the Henry’s SLU Facebook page
• Mention “I want to win the Seattle Gents holiday package” in the comment box on our Facebook post
• Bonus Entry: Tag a friend on Facebook!
Contest ends on Friday, December 14th at 11:59 pm. Winner will be announced on Saturday, December 15th on Facebook. Good luck!